Senior Finance Manager
Social Impact Investment Firm
- £65,000 - £70,000 plus benefits
We are recruiting a Senior Finance Manager on behalf of a Social Impact Investor, based in London. Our client is a leading investor into charity, education and into also start-up businesses. They also invest into other UK social impact funds and this is a great opportunity to join a firm mandated to invest into positive social outcomes for the UK.
This is a key role to support the Head of Finance, with broad responsibilities across all aspects of finance for the organisation and its investment funds:
- Support the fundamental month end processes for the firm, including monthly management reporting and reconciliations
- Prepare Annual Financial Statements and liaise with auditors to ensure accurate and timely completion of the year-end process.
- Prepare half yearly valuations of unquoted investments, working closely with the investment team
- At times, assist the Head of Finance with preparation of material for board meetings
- Supporting the deal owners in portfolio management and analysis of financial performance
- Mentoring, leading and supporting junior members of the finance team
- Develop departmental cost centre budgets
- Support the preparation of annual tax reporting and forecasting, liaising with external tax advisers
- Ad-hoc project work, as required
The appointee will be a qualified accountant who has worked in the finance team of either another investment fund (private equity, asset management etc) or fund administrator. Ideally, you will have exposure to investment valuations and fund accounting, but we could consider candidates with either a fund or corporate accounting background.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: email@example.com quoting reference SK52835.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.