Group Financial Controller
- £90,000 - £140,000 base plus bonus
We're recruiting for a Group Financial Controller on behalf of a leading private equity firm. Headquartered in London, with offices in Europe and the US, our client has grown significantly in recent years and is looking to appoint a 'number two' in London. The appointee will play a key role in driving the continued growth of the firm through strengthening the financial reporting processes and control environment. We are looking for a qualified accountant with strong consolidations and IFRS experience, capable of forming a strong working relationship with a high calibre CFO.
This is a pivotal role within the London operations and a direct support to the Group CFO. Examples of key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and reviewing the group financial reporting, under IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP
- Ensuring the consolidation of the group accounts under IFRS
- Implementing, developing and maintaining internal controls, accounting systems and procedures to ensure a rigorous control environment throughout the group
- Driving process improvement across the finance function, taking every opportunity to ensure processes are simplified, standardised or automated
- Overseeing the group audit process
- Overseeing the monthly and annual close processes
- Partnering with service providers, ensuring a productive working relationship and reviewing their output
- Participation in ad-hoc accounting and other projects, as required
The successful candidate must be a qualified accountant and we expect will be operating at the Finance Manager or Financial Controller level, within a group function. We are looking specifically within Financial Services (private equity, asset management, banking or insurance) however could consider a very high quality candidate from a corporate.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SK53010.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.