Assistant Fund Accountant
Private Equity Firm
- London, UK
- Up to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
An exciting opportunity exists for a recent graduate with a year of accounting experience. The successful candidate will report into the Senior Fund Accountant and take responsibility for ensuring that cash payments and receipts are processed in a timely and accurate manner. This is an excellent opportunity for a bright and motivated individual to develop their experience within a Private Equity setting.
- Preparation/update of cash forecasts based on fees, expenses, investment and investor drawdowns and distributions.
- Production of weekly and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Production of monthly custody reconciliations.
- Managing and making payments across the funds.
- Bookkeeping for Fund and Direct entities.
- Collation of quarterly valuations.
- Maintenance of the finance group email and responding to queries.
- Preparation of investor drawdowns and distributions.
- Assistance with regulatory reporting.
- Assistance with tax reporting.
- Assistance with preparing information required for audit.
- Ensure adequate cash is available across the funds to meet investment needs.
- Ensure payments are made in accordance with procedures to meet the drawdowns of investments.
- Ensure the ledger is kept up to date weekly.
- Ensure queries are appropriately responded to and escalated where necessary.
- Collect and chase valuation and taxation information to meet specific operational needs for over 300 investments.
- Various ad-hoc tasks.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience).
- Previous accounting/bookkeeping experience would be an advantage, but not required.
- Previous cash management (forecasting, and production of reconciliations) experience.
- Understanding of need for financial control environment.
- Experience of dealing with high volumes of work.
- Experience on accounting software, ideally Investran.
- Experience at multi-tasking.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.