Securities Lending Operations Analyst
- Temporary & Contract
- London, UK
- £230 - £260 per day
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading global investment bank, for an initial 6 month period, with the potential for an extension. The successful appointee will ensure that transactions are settled on time with a strong emphasis on risk management and control. Circa 2 years of relevant work experience in a similar role within an investment bank is required.
- Work closely with other operations groups managing key day-to-day relationships, with a strong emphasis on risk management and control.
- Mitigate financial and reputational risk, ensuring that securities transactions are settled efficiently and on time with a dedicated focus on trade matching.
- Liaise directly with clients, securities lending traders, compliance, tax, asset servicing and agent banks should there be any issues requiring resolution.
- Manage priorities in line with market and internal deadlines.
- Respond to varied queries from clients and internal business partners.
- Understand internal and external regulations.
- Protect clients from market penalties associated with asset servicing and buy-in events.
- Analyse and resolve exceptions, evaluate and escalate risk items to management and business partners.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Experience gained within Securities Lending, Settlements or Securities in an investment bank.
- Self-driven with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible team player and aptitude to working well under pressure with strict daily deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand technical workflows in detail.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum or Sam van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS50201.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.