- Temporary & Contract
- London, UK
- £180 - £200 per day
Our client, a leading global investment bank, is looking to recruit a Compliance professional for an initial 6 month period. The successful individual will be involved in a project focused on preparing for an implementing a new regulation which is coming into force this year. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Primarily working on a project to prepare for and implement SMCR requirements coming into force in December 2019.
- Liaising and coordinating with colleagues in other divisions involved in the project, and assisting with the overall management of the project and working groups.
- Reviewing and updating documentation required under SMCR, such as the Management Responsibilities Map, training materials and related policies and procedures.
- Collation, preparation and cross verification of data and information about individuals who require registration or certification by the firm, and preparation of associated FCA forms.
- Working with the Technology division on system developments to automate or improve processes.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Prior experience in compliance and knowledge of registrations/certification preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident in dealing with demanding business people.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to keep track of a large and varied workload under time pressure.
- Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum or Sam van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS50271.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.