Loan / Fund Administrator
Real Estate Financier
- London, UK
- Circa £50,000 per annum
Our client is a high-growth private finance firm within the property development sector. They are seeking a Loan/Fund Administrator to join their Operations function on a permanent basis with the potential to become the leader of a small team as the firm expands over the coming years. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a high-volume environment and carrying out manual operational processes, and will be comfortable taking on reconciliations, forecasting, capital management and similar tasks.
- Liaise with Credit Team on pending closings and ensure that information packs are sent to Financing Vehicles on a timely basis, allowing sufficient time for investment appraisal and review.
- Produce a closing 'pack' consisting of external reports from several parties as well as a collation of internal credit papers, minutes, investment proposal forms and payment instructions to be entered on internal system for Financing Vehicle administrator access.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheet of new loans for control purposes and input into internal Loan Management System (LMS) alongside ancillary information.
- Update and review internal control sheets.
- Process utilisations on debt facilities, monthly payment date transactions, etc on the LMS.
- Prepare Borrower statements for each loan that pays monthly interest and communicate information to Borrowers.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the loans in each portfolio regarding transaction history and future activity.
- Liaise with the Loan Administrator to prepare redemption statements and other movements on the portfolio as required.
- Daily/weekly cash and loan position reconciliations to Financing Vehicles administrators in Excel. Taking various reports from the LMS and data extracts from the Loan Administrator in order to prepare the necessary files.
- Investigate any reconciling items and ensure that these are resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly cash forecasting models for senior management to review short-term capital management requirements in order to ensure that the Financing Vehicles have sufficient and efficient use of external capital to meet the portfolio funding requirements.
- Prepare utilisation requests and supporting documentation for review prior to external distribution to Financing Vehicles and Debt Providers.
- Updating models to present the debt facility covenant results for the Financing Vehicles ahead of discussion with senior management.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the metrics of each loan in the portfolio and the impact on the covenants as the portfolio moves dynamically, highlighting any potential pressure points.
- 2-5 years of experience in fund or loan administration, preferably within an asset management setting.
- Experience working in a high volume but relatively manual processing environment.
- Experience preparing manual cash and loan position reconciliations in Excel from reports from internal Loan Management System and external reports from Financing Vehicle Administrators.
- Ability to liaise with various external parties at all times in order to ensure smooth communication around deal closings, repayments, utilisations on debt facilities, monthly reporting, payment dates, etc.
- Experience of senior debt facilities and covenant testing, reporting and forecasting required.
- Prior knowledge in/experience of real estate/property development finance a plus but not essential - full training will be provided.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS50273.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.