Part-Qualified Management Accountant
Private Equity Firm
- London, UK
- £32,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
Our client is a leading Private Equity firm based in central London. They are looking to recruit a part-qualified Management Accountant to join their finance team on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for a part-qualified candidate to develop their experience within a role with broad and varied responsibilities.
- Primary responsibility for the month-end reporting process, including month-end journaling, preparation of supporting schedules and balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of monthly management accounts, budget variation analysis and analysis of FX gains/losses.
- Assistance with cash management and cash flow forecasting.
- Assistance with preparation of year-end statutory accounts for LLPs and limited companies.
- Assistance with annual budget preparation.
- Overseeing work of purchase ledger clerk, including overseeing inter-entity recharge activity, debtor management activities, assistance with payment run process and reviewing purchase ledger data and VAT coding.
- Liaising with the fund accounting team with regards to funding requirements for investment structure entities and management fee flows.
- Assistance with quarterly VAT return preparation.
- Management of loans made to company executives for co-investment purposes.
- Management of payroll process including liaising with HR and external payroll provider.
- Calculation of payroll taxes including PSA and P11D submissions.
- Online company pension submissions.
- Regulatory reporting including FCA submissions and preparation of the EC sales list.
- Part-qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) with good academics to degree level.
- Previous experience in the finance industry. Previous experience of working in private equity would be advantageous but not essential.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong time-management, organisation skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Pro-active and shows initiative.
- A team player with a strong work ethic who is flexible and keen to help others wherever possible.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS50285.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.