Graduate Assistant Fund Accountant
Private Equity Firm
- London, UK
- Up to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
An exciting opportunity exists for a 2017, 2018 or 2019 graduate with 1-2 years of relevant experience. The successful candidate will report into the Senior Fund Accountant and take responsibility for ensuring that cash payments and receipts are processed in a timely and accurate manner. This is an excellent opportunity for a bright and motivated individual to develop their experience within a Private Equity setting.
- Preparation/update of cash forecasts based on fees, expenses, investment and investor drawdowns and distributions.
- Production of weekly and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Production of monthly custody reconciliations.
- Managing and making payments across the funds.
- Bookkeeping for Fund and Direct entities.
- Collating quarterly valuations.
- Maintaining the finance group email and responding to queries.
- Preparing investor drawdowns and distributions.
- Assisting with regulatory reporting.
- Assisting with tax reporting.
- Assisting with preparing information required for audit.
- Ensuring adequate cash is available across the funds to meet investment needs.
- Ensuring payments are made in accordance with procedures to meet the drawdowns of investments.
- Ensuring the ledger is kept up to date weekly.
- Ensuring queries are appropriately responded to and escalated where necessary.
- Collecting and chasing valuation and taxation information to meet specific operational needs for over 300 investments.
- Various ad-hoc tasks.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience).
- Excellent academic record, with As and Bs at A Level.
- 1-2 years of previous accounting / bookkeeping experience.
- Previous cash management (forecasting, and production of reconciliations) experience.
- Understanding of need for financial control environment.
- Experience of dealing with high volumes of work.
- Experience on accounting software, ideally Investran.
- Experience at multi-tasking.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.