- London, UK
- Up to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a leading investment manager based in central London. They are seeking a hard-working and ambitious junior candidate to join their finance team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will be a 2017, 2018 or 2019 graduate who is keen to develop their career within a financial services setting whilst studying towards their accounting qualification.
- Managing incoming purchase invoices and checking invoices against approvals.
- Dealing with creditor enquiries.
- Weekly payment run for suppliers via BACS and international payments.
- Reviewing/auditing staff expense claims via Concur expenses system.
- Managing corporate credit cards and posting transactions into the purchase ledger.
- Preparing and managing accruals and prepayments.
- Updating and maintaining the fixed asset register.
- VAT return preparation and reconciliation.
- Journal entry into SAGE accounting software.
- Assisting with ad hoc reconciliations and tasks for the wider finance team.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Early-stage studier towards an accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task, prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines.
- Reliable and professional.
- Team player.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS50482.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.