Middle Office Operations Analyst - Bonds
Tier One Investment Bank
- London, UK
- Up to £300 per day PAYE, depending on experience
Our client is a leading investment bank based in the City. They are seeking an Operations Analyst to support the Trading team in a day-to-day risk management capacity. The ideal candidate will have at least 1-3 years of experience in a similar role, and will have the strong communication skills necessary to act as a touchpoint between internal stakeholders and external clients whilst resolving trade breaks. This contract is for an initial 6 month period but has the potential to become longer-term for the right individual.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of front end trading / sales bookings.
- Analyze risk exposure of unbooked, unmatched or pending trades.
- Be responsible for daily positions reconciliations between trading accounts and books & records.
- Process electronic and manual client allocations.
- Request account setup and instruction updates and onboard clients to trade electronically.
- Pre-match trades with clients on fixed income products prior to settlement date in order to minimize exposure and potential risk.
- Develop new processes and re-engineer current processes to meet changing needs of the business.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the middle office/operations function of a tier one investment bank.
- Knowledge of the bonds, futures or options product life cycles will be an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Relevant experience in an operational management position or similar role with a proven track record for managing multiple processes, functions and driving change.
- Strong communication skills. Essential for interacting at all levels, across business disciplines and regions.
- Strong influencing skills essential. Capable of assertively interacting with business stakeholders and counterparts in order to resolve day to day issues, control risks and improve operational efficiency.
- Strong problem solving skills/ability to hold clear and concise conversations with internal and external business partners.
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail and excellent ability to execute on deliverables.
- Experience in working with business and technology partners to develop functional specifications to address complex business needs.
- Leader who works effectively in a team setting and is creative about providing innovative solutions (new processes, technologies and approaches).
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills would be an added advantage.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS50512.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.