Graduate Fund Assistant Accountant
Private Equity Firm
- London, UK
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
Our client is a mid-market private equity firm based in central London. This is a newly-created role which has come about due to the growth of the funds, and is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate with strong academics. The ideal candidate will be hard working, numerate, meticulous and keen to study towards an accounting qualification. The successful individual will be working with two qualified accountants and assisting in the day-to-day activities of the fund.
- Responsible for bank administration tasks including the opening of new accounts
- Review daily bank reconciliations provided by the fund administrator
- Ensure all internal models are updated for any cash transactions
- Provide the bank with all compliance reporting
- Responsible for checking and sending invoices for payment to the fund administrator
- Liaising with the fund administrator to ensure all the payment log is maintained
- Support the fund accountant with quarterly investor reports
- Prepare year-end financial statements for small corporate entities
- Supervising the drawdown and repayment of funds to and from investors by the administrators to ensure accuracy and security
- Producing ad hoc analysis relating to the portfolio for use by the Portfolio team.
- Review all cost recovered from the funds
- Liaising with the fund administrator to log and answer queries from institutional investors
- Complete monthly internal stock reconciliations and agree these with the fund administrator
- Complete monthly custody reconciliations for reporting to the Financial Conduct Authority
- Degree educated (ideally in business, finance, accounting, or a related field) with strong academics.
- High level of numeracy.
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Strong IT skills – Excel proficient.
- Efficient, reliable and thorough.
- Drive and initiative – the desire to add value, proactive approach.
- Strong intellect - the ability to analyse and distil information quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work to tight reporting deadlines.
- Strong team work ethic.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS50519.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.