Junior Tax Accountant
- London, UK
- Up to £35,000 dependent on experience
Our client is a leading global investment manager based in central London. They are seeking a junior candidate with circa one year of accounting experience to join their Operational and Fund Taxes team and assist in the oversight of tax affairs relating to investment solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for a bright and motivated candidate to develop their accounting experience within a fast-paced and dynamic financial services setting.
- Providing tax advice on product development across all business units, ensuring the advice is appropriate to the investment distribution strategy.
- Staying up to date with global legislative and market developments, understanding how these changes impact the Group’s investment products and advising the business how to react appropriately.
- Overseeing the Group’s AEOI responsibilities, working with the AEOI Manager and Middle Office teams to ensure that the Group and its investment products meet their AEOI obligations.
- Overseeing and supporting the compliance obligations for the funds, including ASC 740/IFRIC 23, investor reporting in USA and European countries.
- Oversee the tax risk management framework for all of the Group’s investment products including Real Estate strategies in USA & Europe and the maintenance of internal policies and framework documents.
- Manage and negotiate budget for provision of services by external providers including communication with business unit COOs.
- Working as part of the senior team members within the Tax Department to ensure the Group is appropriately resourced and team members’ career development is appropriately managed.
- Degree educated with an excellent academic record.
- Studying towards an accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
- Minimum one year of experience in an accounting role.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- No previous tax experience is necessary.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS50563.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.