Interim Accountant - 6-9 Month Contract
- Temporary & Contract
- Guildford, UK
- £375-450 per day, depending on experience
Our client is a leading insurance provider based in Guildford. They are seeking an Accountant with strong financial services experience (ideally within insurance) to join their finance team for 6-9 months, as the firm goes through a number of exciting acquisitions. The ideal candidate will be meticulous and reliable, with strong technical accounting skills and previous exposure to company acquisitions and integrations.
- Assist the finance team in the integration of acquisitions and ongoing reporting.
- Focusing on statutory, regulatory and group reporting requirements.
- Preparation of the notes to the accounts regarding accounting policies adopted.
- Preparation of technical papers for Group and external audit processes, to substantiate accounting policy adoption or changes as necessary.
- Qualified Accountant or QBE with significant relevant experience.
- Previous experience in financial services firms, and ideally within insurance.
- Working knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements for the PRA.
- Prior experience of the integration or merger of businesses, ideally within general insurance.
- Knowledge of PGAAP reporting and disclosure.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of Excel.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS50723.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.