Research Data Analyst
Private Equity Industry
- Central London
- Up to £35,000, depending on experience
Our client is an influential institution within the private equity space. They are seeking a candidate with at least a year of experience to join their Research team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and numerical skills, with a competent grasp of data extraction and analysis using Excel and statistical modelling concepts. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the private equity sector whilst developing strong core research skills.
- Auditing data submissions for accuracy and completeness.
- Validating the data with internal and external stakeholders.
- Acting as the main point of contact for any queries from external parties related to data analysis.
- Using mathematical formulae to draw meaningful information from the data provided.
- Identifying sub-populations through statistical segmentation techniques.
- Validating models to ensure accuracy, stability and robustness.
- Documenting and presenting the model development process and impact analysis to senior management.
- Analysing datasets in detail, drawing out key trends and preparing statistics for use by the wider teams and key stakeholders.
- Assisting the Research team with research projects.
- Drafting briefing notes and assisting with news releases and articles.
- Responding to data requests from external stakeholders, as well as any internal requests from other teams.
- Monitoring industry developments to identify trends, generate ideas and areas of focus for the thought leadership function within the department.
- Writing and reviewing content for a broad range of industry areas, distilling multiple ideas into a compelling and insightful narrative.
- Providing administrative support to the research programme.
- Degree educated, with a strong academic background (2.1 or better in a quantitative/analytical subject).
- A minimum of 12 months - 3 years' experience in data extraction and analysis using standard statistical packages, including Excel.
- Proficiency using SAS, SQL and Office products, in particular Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to combine these technical skills with a solid commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of asset classes, investment products and investment strategy would be beneficial.
- Understanding of how the private equity community and UK fund management industry operate would be beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively.
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to influence stakeholder responses whilst querying data submissions.
- Good understanding of the legislative and regulatory environment.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS50825.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.