- Central London
- Up to circa £35,000 + benefits, depending on experience
Our client is an established financial services firm based in Central London. They are looking to bring on board a junior accountant who is keen to study towards their ACA qualification. The ideal candidate will have a few years of experience in a business services environment and a strong academic background. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and ambitious individual who is keen to develop broad experience within a fast-paced environment, whilst working towards Chartered Accountant status.
- Providing key data to management accountants.
- Reviewing management accounts against the company's expectations.
- Regular reconciliations of key balances.
- Working with the company's statutory auditors.
- Preparation of key reports and board packs.
- Assisting with fund raising, budgeting and forecasting.
- Basic modelling.
- Entering loan data.
- Monitoring loan performance.
- Reconciling loan movements to cash and management accounts.
- Regular communication with borrowers and investors.
- Due diligence on prospective borrowers and securities.
- Production of credit and lending reports.
- Instructing and liaising with third party professionals.
- Providing ad hoc support on urgent projects.
- Strong academic background, with a 2.1 degree or above from a top 10 university.
- A numerically-oriented degree is likely to be an advantage.
- 2+ years of experience within a business services environment (i.e. public practice banking, private equity, legal or similar).
- Excellent written English and strong numerical literacy.
- Competent in the use of Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Committed to achieving Chartered Accountant status within the next few years.
- Enthusiastic and hard-working, keen to develop excellent experience within a hands-on and expansive role.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS51329.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.