Client Middle Office Analyst
Tier One Investment Bank
- Temporary & Contract
- London (City)
- Up to £300 per day, PAYE depending on experience
Our client is a leading investment bank based in the City. They are seeking a Client Middle Office Analyst to join their Securities division on an initial 6-month basis, although the contract has the potential to become longer-term dependent on circumstances. The ideal candidate for this position will have at least two years of previous experience in a middle office role, a sound understanding of securities products and will be confident liaising regularly with a broad range of stakeholders within a fast-paced and dynamic professional setting.
- Facilitate the allocation, confirmation and matching of cash equity trades with clients ranging from global asset managers to private banks.
- Focus on increasing STP to drive scale across the Securities business, with an emphasis on improving the client experience through quick and accurate trade confirmation.
- Involvement in a multi-year system and flow convergence program, as well as the consolidation of functions across Operations to form a broader Equities middle office.
- Take responsibility for equity confirmation exceptions and client service management with a key focus on efficiency, control and enhancing the client experience.
- Work closely with global teams and clients to proactively manage risk and challenge existing business processes on a daily basis.
- Understand and meet the evolving expectations of key clients, driving and following through on any efficiency initiatives through to implementation.
- Work in partnership with Client and Sales Traders to ensure that trades are allocated, confirmed and processed in a timely manner in order to safeguard the firm's capital and reputation whilst meeting client SLAs.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record.
- Minimum of two years' middle office experience within a tier one investment bank.
- Previous experience working with securities products.
- Previous experience in a client-facing role will be advantageous.
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality/attention to details.
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate on complex issues.
- Self-motivated and pro-active, organized and able to prioritize effectively.
- Has capacity to adapt to changing market environment and work well under pressure.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum or Sam van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS51345.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.