Statutory Accountant – 4-month Contract
- Temporary & Contract
- Circa £300 per day, PAYE
Our client, a property investment firm based in central London, are looking to recruit a qualified statutory accountant to join their Finance team on an initial four-month basis. The ideal candidate will have proven experience within a fast-paced corporate environment, and be keen to develop their experience within a dynamic team.
- Preparation of the UK statutory accounts for the group.
- Working with external accountants on the preparation of the statutory accounts, ensuring that they reconcile to source systems and intercompany balances tie out across the group.
- Management of the Audit process, ensuring that the auditors are working within the allocated timeframe and budget, while keeping business disruption to a minimum.
- Working with the finance team to ensure supporting documentation and responses to queries are provided to the auditors in a timely manner.
- Preparation of the statutory long range forecast for use in group impairment testing.
- Leading regular meetings with the auditors and group Controller to ensure the audit progresses smoothly and all parties are updated with any issues as they arise.
- Assisting the auditors with queries and liaising with the appropriate business contacts to ensure that necessary answers are provided.
- Recalculation of ultimate models and cost amortisation based on statutory revenue.
- Reconciliations between management reporting profit numbers and final statutory profit numbers for presentation to the executive team.
- Preparation of the tax calculations for all entities and responding to queries from our internal tax team.
- Communication of any statutory adjustments or errors found to the finance team and ensuring corrections are posted in SAP where appropriate.
- Communication to the FP&A team of any errors found in the cost models, ensuring that these are updated where necessary.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
- Demonstrable track record in a statutory accounting role.
- Previous experience within a real estate or financial services environment will be advantageous.
- Hard working, conscientious and trustworthy.
- Willing to take personal responsibility for delivery against deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible approach.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS51352.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.