Fund Accountant - One Year Contract
Venture Capital Firm
- Temporary & Contract
- London, UK
- Up to £75,000 per annum, depending on experience
Our client is a proprietary investment firm based in central London. They are looking to bring on board a qualified Fund Accountant with 1-4 years' PQE to join their Finance team and cover a maternity leave. This will be a one year fixed term contract, offering an excellent opportunity for a driven individual to work in a fast-paced and dynamic venture capital environment, with the potential to get involved in a number of exciting projects.
- Performing accounting and fund administration for a portion of the firm's venture capital funds and investments made into third party funds.
- Production of quarterly investor reports, general partner board reporting, and annual fund financial statements.
- Review of Limited Partnership Agreements to understand accounting and reporting implications. Preparation of carried interest calculations.
- Preparation of distribution and call notices and associated calculations.
- Working closely with venture capital teams, third party fund administrators, corporate treasury, legal and tax departments to ensure appropriate investment transaction processing and cash management.
- Assisting the group audit and local fund audits, liaising with and providing assistance to external auditors.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of controls, systems and processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting and management reporting.
- Preparation of regular reports for senior management and the Board.
- Supporting tax compliance requirements (including K1, PFIC and CFC).
- ACA, CA, CPA or equivalent qualified accountant with 1-4 years' post-qualified experience within a private equity or venture capital environment.
- Practical experience with investment companies, complex partnership structures and consolidations preferably within US GAAP.
- Experience of preparation of financial statements, preferably under US GAAP.
- Experience of understanding and interpreting legal agreements.
- Experience with investment performance calculations and presentation, including attribution analysis is desirable.
- Experience in an international multi-currency environment.
- Experience in processes and system migration/implementation advantageous.
- Experience using eFront will be an advantage.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS51522.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.