- Up to £45,000 + benefits, depending on experience
Our client, a well-known university, is seeking a part-qualified or finalist Accountant to join their Finance team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in revenue accounting, and will be tasked with producing period-end accounts, as well as liaising with the FP&A team in order to review budget and forecasting variances. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to develop upon their existing experience within a fast-paced and dynamic team.
- Support senior members of the Finance team in line with technical requirements.
- Period-end accounting for relevant revenue and cost lines for P&L, including deferred revenue, accrued income, prepayments and accruals.
- Review cost centre accounts with commentary.
- Review balance sheet accounts.
- Work with the FP&A team to review budget and forecasting variances, providing corresponding commentary.
- Provide support and assistance to the Assistant Accountants and Apprentices.
- Improve and streamline period end processes for revenue.
- Assist with submissions to regulatory bodies.
- Prepare quarterly reports for the Board.
- Annual statutory reporting and accounts preparation.
- Active participation in the annual audit.
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
- ACA or ACCA part-qualified or finalist.
- Demonstrable experience in revenue accounting.
- Good understanding of advanced Excel.
- Attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage wider team expectation.
- Strong communication skills, with a willingness to liaise with different departments across the business.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS51532.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.