Compliance Program Manager
Tier One Investment Bank
- Temporary & Contract
- City of London, UK
- Up to £700 per day, PAYE depending on experience
Our client, a leading investment bank, is seeking a Compliance Program Manager to cover a paternity leave within the business. The successful candidate will be reporting directly into an MD and will oversee the implementation of the departmental compliance program. This will involve a broad range of responsibilities including collating compliance information for presentation in regulatory meetings, participating in internal working groups and coordinating the internal governance and metrics program. This will be an initial six month assignment.
- Support the EMEA Head Compliance in administering strategic initiatives and administrative oversight of the department.
- Support senior management initiatives across the region such as recruiting, talent management, meetings, events and training.
- Act as EMEA Compliance representative on firmwide and divisional working groups and projects.
- Assist with helping to develop and managing metrics program.
- Develop multiple time-sensitive approaches and management presentations, which include business plans, operating goals, etc., while ensuring the highest quality of work delivered.
- Help to develop, manage and maintain the department business plan and input into relevant regional and global business plans.
- Facilitate and manage cross-functional efforts with partners across the business.
- Assist the broader divisional Compliance teams with strategically optimising effectiveness and efficiency through best practice sharing and business planning strategy, and other managerial issues.
- Previous experience in program management/implementation, governance projects and/or a Business/Project Manager role within an investment bank.
- An understanding of compliance metrics would be advantageous.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, assertive and well organized.
- Ability to work independently and yet remain a strong team player.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work to tight deadlines.
- Forward looking, focused on improving and streamlining controls and processes.
- Experience of a sales & trading environment and/or financial products would be an advantage.
- Deep interest in the financial markets and a willingness to continually learn.
- Ability to enrich and thrive in an international and diverse, inclusive environment.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS51535.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.