Securities Lending Operations Analyst
Tier One Investment Bank
- Temporary & Contract
- City of London, UK
- Up to £450 per day PAYE, depending on experience
Our client is a leading investment bank with offices based in the City of London. They are seeking a Middle Office professional to join their Securities Lending division for an initial six-month contract, with the opportunity to become longer-term. The successful candidate will work alongside a number of other teams within the Operations function to provide cross-functional subject matter expertise. There is also potential for the right candidate to get involved in implementing a number of transformational projects within the department, focused on process improvements, workflow enhancement, and risk management and control.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Delivering transactions in agreed time-frames, as per SLAs whilst improving quality of processing and reducing errors.
- Proactively managing operational risk.
- Ensuring that all operational risk/issues are identified and mitigated appropriately and proactively.
- Monitoring and booking recall requests on the firm's borrows from different lenders.
- Monitoring and booking returns on the firm's loans to external counterparts.
- Monitoring and booking/amending returns on open borrows based on counter-party feedback
- Monitoring and booking cancelled returns.
- Informing the Trading desk daily regarding all borrows which have been recalled but not returned.
- Resolving queries and interacting with the Trading desk and Lenders on recall/return requests
- Agreeing to deliver/receive margin based on stock borrow/loan settlement and mark-to-market activity.
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies of positions (cash and securities) in the firm’s books and records.
- Completing and overseeing a daily checklist ensuring that all controls, procedures and processes relating to the assigned functions are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years' prior experience in a comparable middle office role with direct client/front office interaction.
- Proven analytical skills, problem-solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and exercise sound judgment under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to prioritise and liaise with clients.
- Prior experience in securities lending products and processes an added advantage.
- Previous experience in project management, transformations, and process improvements desirable.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS51596.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.