- Temporary & Contract
- City of London, UK
- Up to £27,000 per annum + benefits
Our client is an established financial services firm with offices based in the City of London. They are seeking a junior accounting professional to join their Finance team on a permanent basis, taking on a range of accounting tasks on behalf of a portfolio of high-profile clients. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their client base in a role that offers excellent prospects for learning and development over time, whilst also studying towards an accounting qualification.
- Preparing complete management accounts with supporting documentation.
- Preparing key calculations such as loan interest, management fees and deferred transactions.
- Preparing and posting journals for all accounting transactions into the accounting software.
- Preparing bank reconciliations.
- Preparing bank payments and preparing the related checks and support.
- Preparing quarterly investor reports.
- Preparing draft financial statement documents.
- Completing due diligence and permanent file processes.
- Actively organising the timelines for key deliverables.
- Preparing the VAT returns.
- Preparing investor notices and calculations for capital calls, partnership capital accounts, and distributions.
- Preparing responses to investor queries.
- Driving client audit work and liaising with auditors.
- Learning and processing drawdown and distribution notices.
- Carrying out AML and client due diligence checks.
- Taking responsibility for internal documentation, processes, and administration.
- Preparing and supporting various other financial or fund administration tasks.
- Where applicable, providing leadership and training for newer members of staff and Trainee Accountants.
- Educated to degree level (2:1 and above desirable) or be AAT level 3 qualified with significant accounts preparation experience.
- In the process of or interested in pursuing an accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA).
- 1-2 years' previous experience within an accounting role.
- Organised and able to work to tight and competing deadlines.
- Able to perform tasks, calculations and communicate clearly in Excel, Word and other professional packagaes.
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- Adaptable, with the ability to solve practical problems typical of dealing with client work.
- Keen to build and progress a career within the professional/financial services industry.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS51646.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.