Assistant Fund Accountant
- London, UK
- Up to £36,000 per annum + benefits, inc study support
Our client is a leading fund administrator with offices based in central London. They are seeking an Assistant Fund Accountant to join their Finance team and provide accounting services for a portfolio of real estate investment clients. The ideal candidate will be part-way through studying towards a professional accounting qualification and keen to take on a role within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Take ownership of a client portfolio.
- Build positive, effective and efficient client and team relationships.
- Understand the key needs and operations of your clients.
- Prepare complex calculations and models such as fund waterfalls, equalisations, consolidations, and reporting metrics.
- Review, organise and be able to train on the delivery of key services such as bookkeeping for fund transactions, preparing management accounts and NAVs, producing investor reports, VAT data and returns, producing capital accounts, issuing drawdowns and distribution notices and preparing statutory information, amongst other tasks.
- Compile, organise and operate on the financial information underlying the fund, its transactions and financial statements.
- Deal with year-end audit engagements for clients including preparation of relevant files, managing timelines and resolving issues.
- Learn, own and champion company best practice, adherence to internal policies and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor compliance to generally accepted accounting principles and key legal terms of the funds.
- Coach, lead and train team Assistant Accountants.
- Maintain key team documents, client permanent files and records.
- Educated to degree level (2.1 grade and above desirable) or AAT Level 4 qualified.
- 2+ years of professional accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of UKGAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards.
- Clear ability to write professional reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Ability to perform tasks, calculations and communicate clearly in Excel, Word and other professional packages.
- Able to build long-lasting, professional and effective client and team relationships.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS51703.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.