Interim Fund Accountant, 3-6 Months
- Temporary & Contract
- London, UK
- Up to £400 per day, PAYE
Our client is a well-established fund administrator based in central London, providing accounting services to a broad portfolio of clients within private equity, real estate, infrastructure, and debt investments. They are seeking a qualified Accountant to join their Finance team on an initial 3-6 month basis to provide assistance during the reporting period, spanning journal review, sub-consolidations, capital call notice review, and other tasks. Although initially temporary, there is potential for this role to become permanent in the right circumstances. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills and will be available for a mid-September start.
- Act as client relationship manager for a portfolio of firms.
- Team leadership & line management of Client Service teams – typically up to 5 people.
- Ownership of and ultimate responsibility for deliverables.
- Self-sufficient in the ability to deliver successful client services without the need for active supervision.
- Review, management, and responsibility for the delivery of ranging tasks within our accounting and administration services.
- Treasury services – transactions and monitoring.
- Ultimate responsibility for the successful planning and operation of the team activities paying close attention to competing deadlines.
- Responsibility for coaching, mentoring, developing and training direct staff and contributing to the wider company Learning & Development programme.
- Audit engagement management and liaison for the timely and effective completion of providing audit information and ensuring sign off.
- Liaison and relationship management of key third parties including Investors, Lawyers, managing agents, auditors, other administrators and service providers.
- Obtain, understand and be able to advise on financial documentation such as Limited Partnership Agreements, side letters, loan agreements, bank agreements and structuring papers.
- Take ownership of the control environment, processes used and materials developed within the team.
- Manage team efficiency.
- Contribute to the development of the business.
- Support the implementation of strategic changes and updates.
- Get involved in wider aspects of the business such as recruitment, working groups, business development, pitches for new work and delivering core training.
- Where appropriate, successfully onboard new engagements and establish successful client relationships.
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent).
• The aptitude to successfully lead a high-caliber team.
• Experience in supervising and developing staff.
• The experience and enthusiasm to be able to successfully manage and build positive and effective client relationships.
• Strong technical accounting skills with the ability to pick up a broad range of challenges including consolidations, financial disclosures, complex financial instruments, acquisitions, disposals, and VAT.
• A solid understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS with the ability to pick up other standards such as US GAAP as required.
• The confidence and competency to be able to lead independently, problem solve new situations, manage difficult situations and provide stability and organisation to both internal teams and clients.
• The ability to be able to convey complex financial mechanics and information clearly and to varied audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to be able to interpret complex financial information and legal documentation.
• The ability to contribute to the firm's professionalism and values.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS51785.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.