Commodities Operations Associate - 6 Month Contract
Tier One Investment Bank
- Temporary & Contract
- City of London, UK
- Up to £300 per day PAYE, depending on experience
Our client, a leading investment bank with offices in the City of London, is seeking a professional and dynamic individual - preferably with previous experience with commodity products - to join their Operations function. The ideal candidate would have strong attention to detail and ability to exercise a risk mindset, whilst multitasking, working under pressure and completing projects to deadline. This is an initial six-month contract with strong potential to become longer-term for the right candidate.
- Managing all physical gas, power and emissions deliveries via internal systems and external vendors.
- Assisting the Euro commodities traders in their submission of daily power auction bids and cross border capacity auctions.
- Providing Traders & Sales teams with timely and accurate market data.
- Developing a detailed understanding of the gas and power Industry to enable the impact of any market structure changes to be understood and communicated to the business and other internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring all market structure changes are managed to ensure continued participation in physical market and auction platforms.
- Partner with technology to further enhance systems and processes.
- Educated to degree level (2.1 grade or above, or equivalent).
- 2+ years of previous experience within the operations/trade support function of an investment bank.
- Previous experience or understanding of commodities products advantageous.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to work well under pressure, while completing numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrable risk and control focus.
- Technical and analytical focus with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-moving environment.
- Team oriented approach – openness and good communication skills within the team and the ability to work across functions inside and outside of Operations.
- Innovation, able to suggest & implement ideas to complement & develop new processes as they evolve with the business.
- Self-motivated to manage projects and seek opportunities to enhance business benefit.
- Able to focus on control issues, processes and procedures.
- A European language, whilst not essential, would be advantageous.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: onlinejobs@email@example.com quoting reference SVS51841.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please www.walkerhamill.com.