Tier-One Investment Bank
- Temporary & Contract
- £350 - £400 PAYE per day, depending on experience
Our client, a leading investment bank based in the City, is seeking a Regulatory Accountant to join their Finance team. The ideal candidate will be a newly-qualified accountant who is keen to take on a challenging role and significantly develop their existing skills set. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a high profile team for an initial 6-month assignment.
- Ensure that the bank maintains adequate capital resources to meet its investment business commitments and to withstand any risks.
- Produce all internal and external prudential regulatory capital reporting for EMEA regulated entities.
- Calculate components of the regulatory capital position on a daily basis.
- Prepare and analyse information for use in ad-hoc requests.
- Prepare and present regulatory returns on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Leverage ratio calculations and reporting.
- Prepare, review and present internal management information.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly regulatory capital internal committee decks and capital forecast scenarios.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent), with c.1-3 years' experience.
- Comfortable working with large data sets, with a strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines will be essential.
- Confident in presenting information to senior management as required.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a broad range of individuals across the firm at various levels of seniority.
- Self-motivated and proactive; able to get involved hands-on, adapt to any issues and provide constant high-quality feedback.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden or Morgan Ecott: email@example.com quoting reference SVS51928.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.