Synthetics Client Operations Associate
Tier-One Investment Bank
- Temporary & Contract
- London (City)
- £320 - £350 per day PAYE, depending on experience
Our client, a leading investment bank is seeking an Associate with a strong understanding of synthetics/cash equity products to assist in the middle office function, supporting the SPG Trading Desk and its clients. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and dynamic individual to join a fast-paced and high profile team with excellent opportunities for career progression. This is an initial six-month assignment with the potential to become longer-term.
- Allocate a high volume of synthetics trades and associated hedges in a timely fashion.
- Actively manage the risk and P&L for clients' trading accounts.
- Manage and efficiently handle stakeholder queries.
- Document processes and procedures in order to help enhance controls around the business.
- Liaise with multiple teams globally to ensure that queries are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Proactively ensure that any newly onboarded clients have no issues after trading commences. Monitor clients' pilot trade activity to ensure front-to-back straight-through processing.
- Degree educated (2.1 grade or above).
- 2+ years of previous experience with Synthetics in a middle office role.
- Strong understanding of synthetic products and swaps is essential.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Organised and efficient with keen attention to detail and a commitment to customer service.
- Strong and flexible team player with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, able to deliver best-in-class client service.
- Understanding of the cash equities prime and franchise business.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden and Morgan Ecott: email@example.com quoting reference SVS51944.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please visit www.walkerhamill.com.