Financial Accountant - 1 Year FTC
- Temporary & Contract
- London (South West)
- c. £55,000 Per Annum + Benefits
Our client is one of the largest firms within the UK childcare market. Over recent years they have experienced significant growth across both the UK and international markets, with over 300 UK locations as of 2021. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a high-quality team in a role focused on accounting and reporting under UK and US GAAP. This is a one-year fixed-term contract with the potential to extend.
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual close in compliance with SOX requirements.
- Responsible for all rent- and lease-related accounting and payment instructions.
- Work on a wide variety of projects including process improvements and the implementation of a new ERP.
- Responsible for the accurate accounting of rent/ lease expenses under ASC-842 and UK GAAP.
- Perform Flux analysis and respond/ resolve queries related to rent and leases from the US corporate team, UK management accounting and internal and external auditors.
- Responsible for lease payments in line with contract and the regular update of the CRM database for leases.
- Perform SOX controls related rent accounting under US GAAP and assist in the re-design of the existing rent process.
- Owner of BS reconciliations performed on a monthly and quarterly basis related to rent, dilapidations, and tax GLs.
- Acts as a business partner for other teams such as Legal and Property on queries and projects related to the leases and property portfolio.
- Preparation and review of schedules required by auditors and tax advisers, and for inclusion on the stats and active involvement in the audit and tax reporting cycles.
- Cash flow forecasting & working capital management.
- Additionally, this role will include project work such as: accounting for acquisitions, process improvements and the implementation of new ERP system.
- Identify and implement process improvements to the above tasks to ensure these are being done in the most efficient manner and risks are mitigated.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Experience in rent accounting under IFRS/ US GAAP.
- Confident in double-entry bookkeeping and in delivering accurate and timely month- and quarter-end reporting.
- Understanding of SOX controls and requirements.
- Experience in delivering accurate and timely month- and quarter-end reporting.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- High-energy, thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Calm approach and 'can do' attitude.
- Highly motivated and driven, achieving positive impact and meeting deadlines.
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality.
- Excellent influencer, change-maker and effective communicator (oral and written communication).
- Able to use numerical data effectively to inform strategy, measure impact and drive quality.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS51995.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.