Senior Documentation Negotiator (GMRA, GMSLA)
Tier-One Investment Bank
- Temporary & Contract
- London (City)
- £400 - £500 per day PAYE, depending on experience
Our client, a leading investment bank is seeking a documents negotiator with a strong understanding of relevant Master Agreements to join their Documentation Middle Office team as a senior ISDA negotiator. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and dynamic individual to join a fast-paced and high profile team with excellent opportunities for career progression. This assignment exists as cover for a VP-level team member and is provisionally a 6-month assignment.
- Take responsibility for drafting, reviewing and negotiating the GMRA, GMSLA and associated documentation.
- Complete reviews to check netting and collateral enforceability, including liaising with Legal team.
- Coordinate both internally and with external clients to gather comments, information, review and ultimately complete agreements and prepare them for execution.
- Organise the execution of completed agreements and dispatch for counterparts' signature.
- Contribute to the supervision and oversight of junior negotiators.
- Liaise with our key stakeholders, including trading, credit, legal and treasury.
- Respond to queries on the documentation from various departments including the front office.
- Provide client solutions with an entrepreneurial, innovative and analytical approach.
- Degree educated (2.1 grade or above).
- 5+ years of experience in legal/trading documentation roles or experience within a law firm.
- Demonstrable experience with GMRA and GMSLA Master Agreements is essential. Experience with ISDA is also desirable.
- Solid experience in negotiating repo or securities lending documentation is essential.
- Understanding of contract law and solid drafting skills are beneficial.
- Knowledge of various legal entities including funds and insurance companies.
- Ability to ensure consistency across documentation and know when to escalate.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability for their work, can help to collaborate and provide directive when issues arise in the team and is capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to interact with and influence business stakeholders and clients in order to negotiate, build consensus, control risks and improve operational efficiency.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden or Morgan Ecott: email@example.com quoting reference SVS51997.
Please note that experience with GMRA and GMSLA is essential to this role.
Please also note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please visit www.walkerhamill.com.