Funding Product Control Accountant
Tier-One Investment Bank
- Temporary & Contract
- £300 - £400 per day PAYE, depending on experience
Our client, a leading investment bank based in the City, is seeking a Funding Product Control Accountant to join their Finance team. The ideal candidate will be a recently-qualified accountant who is keen to take on a challenging role and significantly develop their existing skill set. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a high-profile team for an initial 6-month assignment.
- Prepare daily P&Ls for the bank's Synthetic Product Group business and frequently use their accounting systems.
- Gain and showcase knowledge of financial products and markets.
- Interact daily with traders and trading management.
- Prepare month-end accounts for posting to the bank's general ledger.
- Intelligently review trades and escalate any unusual activity accordingly.
- Keep up to date with all developments and issues in relevant trading areas
- Assess the risks inherent in trading positions, including market risk, compliance and reputational risk.
- Add value with a range of project work, with a view to strengthening and improving controls in systems and processes.
- Recently qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Strong character with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in an international team.
- Able to communicate and build relationships with a range of demanding internal clients.
- Highly computer literate.
- Enjoys working in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden or Morgan Ecott: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS52025.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.