Business Data Analyst
Financial Services - Private Debt Manager
- London, UK
- Up to £50,000 per annum, depending on experience
Our client is one of Europe's leading debt investors, operating as a trusted partner to many leading private equity-owned companies and management teams. They are seeking a candidate with at least 1-3 years of experience in data analysis to join their Performance Strategy team in a newly-created role focused on driving strategic decision-making within the business and mapping deal and fundraising opportunities across the market. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a strong qualitative skillset to step into a dynamic team, in a role which will require relationship-building across all levels and areas of the business.
- Support the creation and management of the firm's data warehouse, which will be used to drive company-wide reporting and business insights.
- Take ownership of building reports and dashboards for use in monitoring organisation and fundraising activity.
- Liaise with the Deal and Investor Relations teams to ensure the correct capture of data across systems.
- Ensure a high level of data integrity in internal data systems.
- Act as the key point of contact for developing reports and metrics for use across the broader firm, including the Deal, Investor Relations and Performance teams.
- Collate and analyse both public and private data sources in relation to organisation and fundraising opportunities.
- Take responsibility for the preparation of regular reports for management on origination and fundraising performance.
- Liaise with the Investor Relations team to produce marketing materials in relation to origination and fundraising performance.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries from the Investor Relations and Deals teams that will be used to answer investor requests, prepare internal memos and aid decision-making processes.
- Act as a key member of the Performance Strategy team, sharing thought leadership on data strategy and best-in-class data practices.
- Apply creativity and brainpower in how the firm uses data to gain insight into business improvements.
- Support the team leader on broader strategic business initatives.
- 1-3 years' experience in an analytical role, ideally within the financial services industry.
- A minimum 2.1 degree undergradaute degree in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, mathematics, accounting and finance, computer sciences/IT, or physics.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Strong data and process management skills, knowledge of programming languages, database management or data visualisation tools (i.e. PowerBI, Tableau) would be advantageous.
- Understanding of financial markets, strategies or product, particularly debt and equity instruments.
- Strong ability to apply theory to real life.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS52200.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.