- London, UK
- Up to £45,000, depending on experience
Our client is a leading European private equity firm with over 50 years' experience of mid-market primary buyouts. Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, the Accounts Assistant will work alongside four other people in the Corporate Accounting team as part of the wider 20-person Finance team with coverage across fund accounting, tax and compliance, and executive remuneration. The ideal candidate will be hard-working and driven, with the desire to build on their experience in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Inputting to and maintaining the accounting system.
- Assisting with the purchase ledger process.
- Assisting with the creation of regular payment runs, creating bank transfers and any further ad hoc banking.
- Credit control.
- Jointly managing the review of staff expenses and reconciliations back to individual Amex statements.
- Assisting with the maintenance and review of staff timesheets.
- Supporting the communication of queries between the firm and the Corporate team, directing these to the appropriate team members.
- Ensuring that all filing and archiving is kept up-to-date.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail.
- AAT qualified or part-qualified (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Experience working within the financial services sector and with Netsuite would be advantageous.
- A proactive and hardworking approach, with a positive attitude.
- Strong secondary academic qualifications.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS52214.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.