Client Onboarding Analyst
Tier-One Investment Bank
- Temporary & Contract
- London, UK
- Up to £350 per day, PAYE, depending on experience
Our client is a leading investment bank with offices based in the City of London. They are looking to hire an Onboarding professional to join their Private Wealth Management division for an initial six-month contract. The successful individual will be responsible for capturing all necessary information for regulatory and firm policies and performing due diligence on new accounts. The team partners closely with Sales, Compliance, Legal and the wider firm in order to ensure a positive client experience during the onboarding process. This opportunity has the potential to become longer-term for the right individual, and offers the opportunity to develop experience within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Develop relationships with Sales, Compliance, Legal and the firm-wide Operations teams to ensure that Client Onboarding is providing the highest quality introductory experience throughout the onboarding process.
- Ensure that all client documentation required by the firm’s Customer Identification Program (CIP) is received, reviewed, and approved within the appropriate time frames in line with AML and 'know your client' requirements.
- Ensure that downstream systems correctly recognize approved clients, products, and services, including cash products, client statements, benchmark and performance reporting.
- Review relevant client and legal documentation, verify client signatures and perform regulatory and risk-related exception processing.
- Resolve issues through coordination with Compliance, Legal and other Operations teams.
- Work with various teams, including the Business and Operations, on process improvement and strategic projects.
- 2+ years of experience within the financial industry (wealth management, AML, or other regulatory client onboarding experience preferred).
- Degree educated, with a minimum 2.1 and strong academic profile.
- Knowledge of legal documentation (e.g. trust agreements, partnership agreements and corporate resolutions).
- Foreign language skills advantageous.
- Must be a team player, resourceful, hard-working and eager to learn.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritise work, and work well under pressure from multiple stakeholders to respond to enquiries quickly.
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of ownership and ability to work independently, gather information, make decisions and drive results.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS52219.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.