Commercial Finance Analyst
- West London, UK
- £35,000-£40,000, depending on experience
Our client is a leading standards and certification body based in West London. They are seeking a part-qualified candidate to join their Knowledge team in a highly analytical role. This position will be focused on supporting the creation and provision of valuable financial information and commercial insights to support effective decision-making and the business planning process. The successful individual will also be tasked with carrying out a variety of month-end processes and activities to ensure that the division has robust and timely accounting records. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with c. 1-2 years of experience looking to build their skillset within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Take full responsibility for budgeting and forecasting of Knowledge divisional staff costs, the costs of the HR function, and the Knowledge Sector team.
- Provide insight to the business regarding cost drivers, explanations for variances versus targets, and illustrations of trends that can be used to help make decisions about future investment decisions.
- Prepare, check, and post monthly journals.
- Create and maintain meaningful KPIs in conjunction with HR for staff-related metrics.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure that cost center tracking and reporting is accurate, reconciled, with variances are computed and understood, calling out any remediation or actions as required by the analysis.
- Compile reports and schedules.
- Act as a key point of contact for external auditors regarding staff costs, monthly file preparation.
- Act as a Business Partner for the HR team.
- Manage the Knowledge timesheeting system Replicon; collaborating with IT and the wider business to ensure the correct system set up, monitor the mailbox and IT ticket system, maintain the system and enable a positive user experience.
- Assist with internal queries.
- Work with large volumes of data using SAP, Excel, Workday, and EPM (and other data sets) to derive reports and solve problems.
- Participate in various ad hoc projects.
- Produce ad hoc analysis and reporting to support business needs as required.
- Part-qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA) with 1-2 years of finance experience in a similar role.
- Strong technical skills including Excel and general ledger experience (SAP preferred).
- Experience of modelling staff costs and/or using Workday would be advantageous.
- Numerate and analytical with the ability to work with complex data sets.
- Confident, capable and credible with effective communication, influencing, and persuasiveness skills.
- Team player with a positive ‘can-do' attitude, solution-orientated, and goal-driven.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisation skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS52247.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.