Interim Head of Funds Finance - 12 Month FTC
- Temporary & Contract
- London, UK
- Up to £200,000 total comp, depending on experience
Our client is an established private equity and infrastructure investment firm based in the City of London. They are seeking an experienced Head of Funds Finance to join the business on a 12-month FTC basis in order to guide the firm's Finance function through a period of accelerated growth, with a particular focus on improving procedures and processes. The successful candidate will report into the COO but must be a self-starter who is able to research and resolve issues independently as they arise. This role will require the management of three direct reports as well as regular liaison with a number of senior stakeholders across the business.
- Develop, maintain and document appropriate funds finance procedures for an £8bn private equity and infrastructure business.
- Roll out robust automation lead processes and controls to ensure that the firm's data assets are safeguarded and leveraged to maximise efficiency.
- Set the strategy for the Funds Finance team and develop the skill sets required.
- Lead a team of 7+ Accountants, including delegating and reviewing work, setting objectives, conducting appraisals and providing support for progression, Deliver regular team meetings, motivate team members and drive increased performance across the team.
- Ensure that regulatory requirements (i.e. Annex IV, Form PV) are adhered to, as well as client-specific deliverables including cash flow management, funding for new deals, management fee and carried interest calculations, managing valuation processes and ensuring that the terms of LPAs are complied with.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are supported with high-quality financial information and advised on technical items such as industry guidance, accounting standards, credit facilities, FX hedging, valuation guidelines, governance and regulatory oversight.
- Oversee the coordination of the annual audit process for all fund and SPV entities including liaising with auditors, supervising the production and timely distribution of financial statements.
- Take responsibility for internal audits and external annual controls audits. Work with COO Office colleagues to ensure that allocated procedure documents are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Develop and deliver seamless SOX-compliant processes and ensure that group SOX compliance programs are adhered to, including informing the COO of any items for inclusion in the Disclosure Committee.
- Manage relationships and coordinate external administrators, ensuring that service provision is high-quality and in line with service level agreements.
- Ensure high standards in all reporting to clients and that ad hoc queries are dealt with promptly by appropriate team members.
- Lead on all financial aspects of acquisitions and disposals of investments, including cash management, accounting for transactions and provision of appropriate support to the Investment team.
- Lead from a Funds Finance perspective in relation to portfolio matters and complex transactions, including syndications, secondaries, follow-on investments, restructuring, LP transfers and refinancing.
- Provide an ongoing review of current accounting policies and lead the implementation of new accounting standards, including transition planning.
- Provide oversight of externally-managed subsidiaries and investments. Liaise with senior finance contacts to ensure that reporting received is timely and accurate and advise them on how to address any issues.
- Present to the COO on fund financial matters when required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with 8+ years of PQE.
- Previous experience in the private equity (fund of funds or co-investment positions) and/or infrastructure industries.
- Experience in accounting and reporting on a large portfolio of investments within an investment management environment.
- Experience in implementing and using technology solutions in line with industry best practice.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Experience in delivering SOX requirements.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS52299.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.