Group Reporting Accountant - 18 Month FTC
Standards and Regulation
- Temporary & Contract
- Chiswick, London
- Up to £65,000 + 10% bonus
Our client, a leading UK standards body, is seeking a Group Reporting Accountant to join their Finance team for an initial 18-month period. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of post-qualified experience and will act as a key member of the Group Reporting team tasked with assisting in the production of the Group's monthly management accounts, annual strategic plan, and annual statutory financial statements. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join a dynamic team, and currently offers the option of hybrid working.
- Assist in data collection, consolidation and preparation for the monthly management accounts and provide management commentary and analysis of the results.
- Assist in data collection, consolidation and preparation for the annual strategic plan, forecasts and annual budget.
- Assist in the production of year-end group financial statements and individual company UK GAAP accounts from planning, data collection and consolidation through to the production of the group's annual report, including liaising with external auditors, Tax, Treasury and Legal/Secretarial departments, amongst others.
- Liaise with staff at all levels to ensure that data requested is received in accordance with group timetables.
- Create reports from the group's consolidation system and work with the Finance SAP and EPM teams to ensure data and process integrity.
- Assist in completing the monthly, quarterly and annual Office for National Statistics (ONS) returns.
- Assist in ad hoc projects in order to provide analysis and improve the quality and timeliness of group reporting.
- Provide support to the Group Head of Reporting and Group Head of Finance in producing ad hoc financial information as required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with 2+ years of post-qualified experience.
- Experience working in a multi-currency, international group headquarters environment or within a large accounting practice (ideally big 4) with exposure to group statutory reporting.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, including IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience working with group consolidation systems such as EPM will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Conscientious, well-organised, and with great attention to detail.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS52410.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.