Company Secretarial Associate
- Temporary & Contract
- London, UK
- Up to c. £80,000 + benefits, pro rata
Our client is a well-established private equity firm with offices based in central London. They are seeking an administrative professional to join their existing Company Secretarial/Finance team on a contract basis, to cover a maternity leave for 9-12 months in 2023. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and proven experience preparing board packs, attending high-level meetings, and performing other activities related to the role as outlined below. The successful candidate will need to be able to work on-site in London on occasion as required, but the role can otherwise offer flexible working, with the option to utilise our client's office as often as preferred.
- Prepare board meeting agendas and board packs, including the preparation of materials for inclusion in board packs.
- Attend board meetings and write minutes.
- Maintain the 'matters to be rectified' logs and action items arising from board meetings.
- Manage the website provider to ensure that updates to websites are processed correctly.
- Complete annual filings for Jersey and UK companies.
- Manage the annual calendars for the listed companies to ensure that all relevant matters covered at board meetings are reflected.
- Update minute logs and ensure that statutory records are maintained and up to date.
- Confident in liaising with other company secretarial providers for British Virgin Islands and Jersey-incorporated entities to ensure that statutory records and local filings are complete.
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- Demonstrable ability to prepare meeting agendas and board packs.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office.
- Previous private equity industry or listed company exposure will be advantageous.
- Proactive, with a problem-solving mindset and enthusiasm for learning new skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS52647.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.