Senior Group Reporting Accountant
Listed Distribution Group
- Temporary & Contract
- £350 - £400 a day, depending on experience
Our client, a global FTSE 250 distribution group, is seeking a Senior Group Reporting Accountant to support the Group Finance team on an initial six-month assignment. The successful candidate is likely to have trained in Big 4 and will have previous PLC reporting experience. This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Group Reporting Accountant to join an acquisitive and dynamic business and work in a broad and varied role.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Group's monthly management accounts and the Group's financial reporting to shareholders.
- Performance of financial analysis as relevant as part of the monthly internal reporting to CEO/CFO.
- Preparation of weekly flash reporting for circulation to senior Executive Management.
- Assisting with the Group's annual budgeting and re-forecasting process.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Group's annual and half year reports including liaising with the auditors to ensure smooth delivery of the year end and half year audit process.
- Preparation of monthly reporting and annual statutory financial statements for Head Office entities.
- Performance of technical accounting work - in particular relating to IFRS 3 business combinations.
- Involvement in scenario modelling.
- Specific ad hoc projects, including acquisitions, IFRS 16 automation software implementation, assisting the Head of Treasury and Head of Tax on adjacent projects (hedge accounting, cash flow forecasting, intercompany loan rationalisation).
- ACA/CA qualified accountant with relevant post qualified experience.
- Strong technical accounting skills and IFRS knowledge.
- Experience of PLC audit process.
- Basic knowledge of UK corporate tax regime and of tax accounting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and develop constructive working relationships.
- Well-organised and methodical approach to work, demonstrating strong initiative and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver high quality results.
- Comfortable working with various IT applications.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sophie Yeend: email@example.com quoting reference SY52741.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.