- Central London
- £30,000 - £32,000 plus study support and benefits
Our client, an award-winning architectural practice, is seeking an Assistant Accountant to join their London-based Finance team. The successful candidate will report into the Finance Director and be responsible for the purchase ledger, payment runs, and assisting with the monthly management accounts. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Assistant Accountant to develop their experience and continue their studies.
The duties and responsibilities for this Assistant Accountant role include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate management of the purchase ledger.
- Check invoices against purchase orders.
- Check payments are accurate and approved.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assist with the short-term forecasts, quarterly and annual budgets and provide monthly variance analysis.
- Run the 'aged creditors' report and allocations monthly.
- Check and file incoming statements and paid invoices.
- Process and reconcile monthly company credit card statements.
- Process staff expense cliams and seek appropriate approvals.
- Monitor petty cash.
- Perform the twice-monthly payment run for suppliers payments.
- Prepare VAT return and reconciliations quarterly.
- Assist with the monthly and year-end payroll process as required.
The skills and experience required for this Assistant Accountant role include but are not limited to:
- 1-2 years' accounts experience.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to take initiative and work pro-actively.
- Flexible attitude and strong team ethic.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and adhere to tight deadlines.
To apply for this Assistant Accountant role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sophie Yeend: email@example.com quoting reference SY52838.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.