Executive Search Firm
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum + study support
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a high growth business based in central London. This newly created position will play a key role in the effective day to day running of the finance function, supporting the broader business and in monthly reporting for the Group. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and driven individual who is looking to progress their career.
- Maintenance of the accounts receivable function including invoice preparation and submission, liaising on new client setup, PO creation and credit control.
- Maintenance of the accounts payable function including processing purchase invoices, dealing with supplier queries and assisting in preparation of weekly payment runs.
- Review and coding of expense claims on a monthly basis, including querying items with staff and posting to the general ledger.
- Support the Head of Finance in maintaining the general ledger through month end journal entries, accruals, prepayments and accounts reconciliation.
- Daily bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Continually strive to improve processes, systems, controls and reporting.
- Ad-hoc internal and external reporting requests.
- Degree educated with strong academics (2:1 or above).
- Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), first time passes preferred.
- Strong numerical and detail orientated skillset is essential.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-driven, quality and results-orientated with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Reliable, hardworking and ambitious.
- Strong Microsoft office skills - Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Sensitive to the confidential nature of financial data.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/APPLY FOR THIS ROLE