Assistant Management Accountant
- £27,000 - £30,000 per annum + study support
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a Private Equity firm based in central London. Our client is seeking an Assistant Management Accountant to assist with the production of purchase and expenses ledger runs, ensuring that all expenses/invoices have been correctly coded and authorised prior to payment. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, ambitious individual who is keen to continue with their ACCA or CIMA qualification.
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliations and ensure cashbooks are up to date.
- Full control of the sales and purchase ledger: input invoices into the finance system, ensure invoices are checked to the service agreement where applicable, send invoices out for approval electronically and liaise with external suppliers.
- Prepare VAT/GST returns for review by the Management Accountant.
- Review and post staff expenses.
- Review and post credit card expenses
- Process intercompany sales invoices.
- Post annual journals to reallocate ledger entries upon instructions.
- Where relevant, ensure fixed asset register is up to date.
- Prepare various prepayments and accruals journals.
- Prepare various pages in the management accounts packs for review by the Management Accountant.
- Assist with responses to audit queries.
- Assist with ensuring procedures and controls are fully up to date.
- Ad hoc duties in relation to the preparation of the management accounts or control procedures of the finance team.
- Degree educated with strong academics (2:1 or above).
- Willing to start studying/continue with ACCA or CIMA qualification.
- Strong numerical and detail orientated skillset is essential.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Reliable, hardworking and ambitious.
- Strong Microsoft office skills - Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Sensitive to the confidential nature of financial data.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: email@example.com quoting reference TM50266.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.