- £27,000 - £33,000 per annum, depending on experience
Our client is an alternative investments firm based in central London. They are seeking a Finance Assistant to coordinate the firm’s accounts payable process, prepare monthly payroll and process employee expenses, with room for future growth and progression internally. The successful candidate will be studying towards their AAT, CIMA or ACCA qualification.
- Coordinate the accounts payable process, prepare monthly payroll and process employee expenses.
- Review and input monthly P&L and balance sheet prepared by external bookkeepers into the firm’s financial reporting.
- Maintain variance to budget analysis and cash flow forecasts.
- Act as a key point of contact for the bookkeepers and other third-party service providers such as payroll service, auditors and suppliers.
- Review and input tax and regulatory returns.
- Coordinate the preparation of materials for board and other meetings.
- Liaise with compliance to provide management information to satisfy compliance obligations.
- Maintain and improve, where necessary, the control environment surrounding financial processes.
- Assist with the review and input into fund financial reporting and investor reporting including quarterly P&L, balance sheet and cash flow prepared by the fund administrators.
- Excellent academic record from a leading university.
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification (AAT, ACCA or CIMA), with a good pass record to date.
- Possess high integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Fluency in European language(s) well regarded.
- Demonstrated initiative, a willingness to learn and strong work ethic
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TM50276
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.