Finance Associate - Based in Frankfurt
Global Merchant Bank
- Frankfurt, Germany
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global merchant bank based in Frankfurt. They are seeking a Finance Associate who will report into the Senior Finance Manager and take responsibility for the daily financial accounting processes, as well as the financial and regulatory reporting. The successful candidate will either be looking to relocate to, or already live in, Frankfurt.
- Producing UK and German financial statements under local GAAP.
- Working closely with the group’s auditors to ensure a smooth audit process.
- Supporting the preparation of regulatory returns for the Financial Conduct Authority and related filings with Germany Federal Financial Supervisory Authority.
- Day to day bookkeeping and maintenance of accounting records using Netsuite System.
- Processing and booking of invoices.
- Managing the relationship with vendor controlling departments.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly VAT returns in the UK and in Germany.
- Preparing bank reconciliations.
- Supporting the monthly closing process.
- Coordinating with local advisers, including those providing professional services in the areas of tax, accounting, legal and compliance.
- Ad-hoc project support (e.g. Compliance).
- Must be fluent (reading, writing and speaking) in both English and German.
- Will have worked in a financial reporting environment in another financial organisation, and/or have experience of financial statement audits in the UK or in Germany.
- Competence with Microsoft office, in particular fluency in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Netsuite an advantage.
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Highly organised and used to delivering on time and to a high standard.
- Detail orientated with a hands-on approach and a positive, proactive attitude.
- Confidentiality and discretion a must.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: email@example.com quoting reference TM50292.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.