Graduate Finance Assistant
Asset Management Firm
- London, UK
- £25,000 - £27,000 per annum + study support and discretionary bonus
Our client is a leading asset management firm based in the City. They are seeking a Fund Finance Assistant to act as a key member of the team, contributing to the daily operational support of funds and Group entities.
- Timely and accurate processing of transactions across designated Fund entities.
- Processing and posting of purchase invoices and payments.
- Raising and posting deal and project related sales invoices and cash receipts.
- Monitoring receivables and highlighting recoverability issues.
- Management of Fund and project cash balances.
- Daily cash review to ensure sufficient cash for various payment commitments.
- Performing regular bank reconciliations.
- Timely filing of documents.
- Updating Fund payments and receipts in the relevant control spreadsheets.
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Running of VAT reports on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of VAT control accounts.
- Monitor and post VAT recoverables.
- Timely payment and posting of VAT payables.
- Timely and accurate processing of transactions across designated Group entities.
- Processing and posting of Fund related purchase invoices and payments.
- Raise, invoice and cash flow annual fee invoices.
- Monitoring of aged debtors and creditors for balances relating to designated Funds.
- Year end statutory reporting.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Quick learner, with the confidence to work independently.
- Diligent work ethic and ability to prioritise the processing of large volumes of transactions.
- Strong Excel skills and keen attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent organisational skills.
- Good telephone manner and written communication.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TM50405.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.