- £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global commodities business based in central London. They are seeking a Purchasing Analyst to support the business in its administration and reporting functions. This role is integral to the team that it sits within, and requires a candidate with strong numeracy skills and a high attention to detail. The successful candidate will be experienced in dealing with data sets and have good Excel skills.
- Co-operate closely with colleagues to help maintain the business by providing administration and reporting services connected with clients’ contracts.
- Provide support to the customer relationship managers, as to enable them to provide clients an accurate, precise and timely service targeted at the smooth flow of goods, well-informed purchase decisions and consistent reliable reporting.
- Take responsibility for all administration and reporting services connected with clients’ settlements for the purchase of goods, the shipping of those goods, and the commission invoicing process.
- Maintain a close interest in the evolution of each client’s application, allocation, purchase, settlement and shipping of goods, and particularly in any issues arising, so as to contribute as required to excellent service provision to all clients.
- Assist with managing and improving the database of information on client contracts and purchases.
- Undertake specific projects or additional responsibilities as requested, including: sourcing and analysing information, facilitating team meetings and managing processes as required.
- Develop and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships with all colleagues, relevant personnel in clients’ and their suppliers’ offices, the company’s professional advisers, etc.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Experienced in dealing with data sets and has good Excel skills (pivot tables, etc).
- Ability and interest to develop career through excellence in administration, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to develop strong and informed business relationships.
- Very strong administrative skills, very well organised and has the ability to prioritise work.
- A keen determination for absolute accuracy, precision and comprehensive on-time delivery.
- Strong orientation to service (to both clients and colleagues), clear sense of integrity and discretion, sound communication skills.
- Proactive, takes initiative, a self-starter – a genuine determination ‘to go the extra yard’.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Team player, but ready and able to work alone.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: email@example.com quoting reference TM50444.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.