Head of Commercial Finance - 12 month FTC
- Temporary & Contract
- up to £85,000 depending on experience
Our client, a leading communications and public relations firm, is seeking a Commercial Finance Manager for a 12 month fixed term contract. This role will report into the CFO and will be a key part of the team. The role focuses on the commercial aspects of running client business for the centralised agency, such as client revenues and profitability, while also managing the P&L budgeting and forecast process. The successful candidate will be a bright and motivated qualified accountant, with recent relevant experience.
Commercial Business Support
- Day to day liaison with business partners/directors on confirmed client fees, SOWs and MSAs and obtaining regular updates on client forecasts and client performance.
- Assisting business partners/directors costing up new business for pitches including preparation of rate cards for new and existing clients.
- Full ownership of hours/cost reporting from internal time management software in relation to client performance, reporting to partners/directors on a monthly basis and assisting them with interpretation and ad hoc analysis.
Forecasting and Budgeting
- Owning the preparation of the P&L budget and reforecasts for the centralised agency by client, down to contribution margin level, including running revenue and margin review meetings with the CEO and CFO and preparing/delivering presentations.
- Reporting to the CFO on quarterly client profitability, including contribution margins and analysis on past, present and future revenues and staff costs.
- Full ownership of the revenue schedule, reporting to the CFO on an ongoing basis including monthly reporting and variances commentary in the management accounts.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis on clients, fees and client variances.
- Reporting to the COO on the management of the gross salary schedule and providing analysis on variances against budget.
- Providing insightful financial analysis around the twice a year appraisal process reviewing the impact of salary increases on the overall budgets.
- Financial ownership of the internal agency businesses providing regular support and analysis.
- Providing guidance and leadership to the Finance team, including direct management of a shared financial analyst.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to internal processes for better working practices.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent).
- Media experience a distinct advantage.
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Proactive and prepared to challenge and ask questions.
- High degree of ethical integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with cross section of the business from founder and CEO to client directors and associates.
- Process and structure driven but sensitive to a creative commercial team.
- Hard working, prepared to put in the time to go above and beyond.
- Collaborative working style, especially with financial controller and rest of the finance team.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TM50457.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.