Internal Audit Consultant - Technology
- London, UK
- Up to £730 per day, depending on experience
Our client is a leading investment bank based in central London. They are seeking an Internal Audit Consultant to join their team for an initial period of 6 months, with the possibility to extend. The successful candidate will be tasked with helping to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the company by assessing the firm's internal control structure.
- Demonstrated technology audit skills including an understanding of system development, programming languages, databases and system architecture.
- Assist with the risk assessment in the scoping, planning and execution of a review.
- Design and execute tests to validate identified application system controls, which may require data analysis, code inspection and re-performance of system processes.
- Analyse the design of controls around the underlying system architecture in the context of information technology controls such as security, availability and performance and their impact on the business.
- Analyse the business and technology processes to evaluate the effectiveness of the relevant technology controls.
- Validate system features to meet business, technology and regulatory requirements.
- Validate the quality of internal SOX assessments.
- Document the results of the test steps executed within the IA automated document project repository.
- Assist in the report preparation.
- Assist in presenting the scope, progress and results of the review to internal, IT and business stakeholders.
- Previous experience within technology internal audit.
- Previous experience within the financial services industry, ideally investment banking.
- Ability to read code (any OO language e.g. Java, C#, C++).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively across a large audit team, understanding the team's role in the overall strategy of the firm.
- Must be able to multi-task while managing both time and work load.
- Must be highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly.
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (CISA, CISSP, etc) useful but not required.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: email@example.com or Sam van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TM50538.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.