Assistant Accountant - Part-Qualified
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading Private Equity firm based in central London. Our client is seeking an Assistant Accountant to support the growing demands of the finance function and become a value adding member of the team. The successful candidate will be a bright, motivated and ambitious recent graduate with a least a years experience in a similar position.
- Support the team with the production of financial statements.
- Assist in running management company financial ledgers including journal entries, multicurrency ledgers, group structure and intercompany charges.
- Prepare payment runs, BACS and CHAPS and allocate payments.
- Match, batch and code high volumes of invoices.
- Maintain multicurrency banking records, payments systems, supervising purchase ledger operations.
- Prepare periodic cash flow forecasts.
- Assist in implementation of new systems and processes
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
- Excellent academic record from a leading university.
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification (AAT, ACCA or CIMA), with a good pass record to date.
- A minimum of 1 years previous experience within a similar role.
- Prior experience within Private Equity desirable, but not essential.
- Enjoy working in a small team in a dynamic fast paced office environment.
- Good communication skills, attention to detail and a precise approach.
- Fluency in European language(s) well regarded.
- Demonstrated initiative, a willingness to learn and strong work ethic.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TM50592.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.