Finance Senior Associate - 6 Month Contract
- Temporary & Contract
- £60,000 - £65,000 pro rata
Our client is a leading private equity firm based in central London. They are seeking a Finance Senior Associate to take responsibility for the monthly financial accounting and preparation of management accounts, as well as preparing budgets and business partnering with stakeholders across the business. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years PQE within financial services.
- Aid commercial and operational planning by working with senior stakeholders to prepare the annual budget by assisting budget planning, providing timely responses to queries and adhering to the deliverables timetable;
- Provide insightful financial information by producing accurate and timely monthly management reports, including variance analysis and written commentary;
- Provide ongoing support to the business and add value by continual business partnering, building and maintaining close working relationships with key stakeholders, being proactive and commercially aware, and undertaking any ad hoc projects the business may require;
- Ensure an efficient financial month-end close process, with timely and accurate preparation of more complex or sensitive manual journals and review of work prepared by junior staff;
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of entity balance sheets by performing and reviewing monthly / quarterly reconciliations;
- Manage an efficient and effective year-end close by assisting with timely and accurate preparation of sensitive journals and review of accounts to ensure they are in line with expectations. In addition, preparation of reports and deliverables required by the external auditors to conduct the annual audit;
- Ensure effective cash management by preparing and reviewing cash flow forecasts to predict funding requirements;
- Ensure all entities fulfil their legal, tax and regulatory obligations by taking ownership of and managing the preparation of annual financial statements and external returns.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with minimum 3 years PQE in financial services;
- Ideally Big 4 trained;
- Practical application of UK GAAP and/or IFRS accounting and reporting;
- Understanding of the UK regulatory and tax environments relating to financial services;
- Able to solve problems in a logical and efficient manner;
- Capable of presenting complex concepts, issues and recommendations in a clear and logical manner;
- Personal organisation and time management;
- Thorough understanding of internal controls and the control environment.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TM50640.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.