Fluent German Senior Accountant
- Temporary & Contract
- £400 - £450 per day
Our client, a German manufacturing business, is looking for a Senior Accountant for an initial 6 month assignment to be based in Germany. The successful candidate will have strong technical accounting skills, including a working knowledge of IFRS 15. An immediate start is required.
- Overall management and mentoring of a large regional finance team of varying levels/qualifications and functions.
- Preparation and oversight of consolidated and divisional management accounts.
- Supporting the year end and audit processes.
- Ownership of the accounts for presentation at meetings, and in readiness for external publication.
- Driving the reporting process improvement within the regional finance team and local teams.
- Liaising with external auditors.
- Other ad hoc duties / projects as required.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent).
- Native German speaker.
- Previous manufacturing experience advantageous.
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS 15.
- Ability to command respect and provide leadership to all levels of an organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be solution driven with sound problem solving skills and a creative approach with the ability to develop new ideas
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and organise both work and people to tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and also independently
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TM50668.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.